• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Orange Flash w/pics

joeyg2100

5 Year Member
Here is my new orange flash that I got about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't get good pictures of the female, and these pictures arent that good either.

THE TANK
Picture153.jpg

THE FISH
Picture156.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture157.jpg

LindaMC

5 Year Member
Very nice, I have a pair of orange flash and find that they pretty much stick together, which was so much different with a pair of red tails, the male constantly chased the female and made sure she stayed on the other side of the tank. Then when they'd spawned, she'd go after him every chance she could get.

With the orange flash, they really appear to enjoy each other's company and when they spawn, he watches over the area surrounding the clay pot and she pretty much stays inside, peaking out every now and then to come to the male's aid if there's ever a threat to the area. Unfortuneatly, she always ends up eating the eggs, but I'm hoping that will change once I move them to a smaller tank where it's just the two of them and a few glow lite tetras.

One thing I don't like is the male being afraid of his own shadow, he runs and hides even when I'm adding food to the tank. The female is just the opposite, she's always out at the front of the tank whenever I'm there, she's so much more friendly. I like that, I don't like paying a lot for a pair of pretty fish just to have them hide all the time.

Good luck with yours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….