• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mr_apisto

5 Year Member
Hi there,
I've just joined the forum, though have been keeping fish for quite a while (30+ years :D ). Some of you might know me from the Apisto mailing list, but to others I'll be an unknown quantity. I suppose you'll just have to get to know me.
I live almost exactly half way between Barcelona and Girona, in the north-east of Spain.
At present I've got about 30 tanks running but that's because I'm in the process of rebuilding my fish room. I hope that I'll have the new floor in within a couple of months and then will install a 2200litre tank as the "showcase" tank, which will be an Amazonian biotope. The racks (3x12 + 1x16) will go around the walls. I also have a 360 litre in the living room, a 240 in the children's room and a 200 in the master bedroom. At present, the African DCs that I've got are:
P. Taeniatus "Dehani"
P. Taeniatus "Moliwe"
P. Taeniatus "Wouri"
P. Taeniatus "Nigeria Red"
P. Taeniatus "Kienke" (1x female only :( , the male died recently)
I have been working, until recently, in an LFS and so was able to stock up on my Westies :D . I don't yet know whether I'll be going back to work there in Sept. as it's under new ownership and I'm not sure that I like the way the treated me recently (made me unemployed while they do the place up, and gave me 1 week's warning of it.)
Even if I don't go back, I still have the contacts I made while there, so should be able to get stuff at "cost" 8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….