• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New book on dwarf cichlids!

S

Steven Simpson Books

Steven Simpson Books

We are the UK book trade distributor for Sudamerikanische Zwergcichliden/South American Dwarf Cichlids. This new title was published in Germany on 10th October ; stock will be available in the UK very soon when all orders will be filled as a matter of priority.

Oupsy

5 Year Member
I am toying with the idea of selling this book with an English translation of Koslowski’s book along with this new book some time in the future (I have permission from the publisher & author.). Anyone interested?

Hi Mike, i'm really interested and looking forward to it.

I bought Koslowski's book in german, and can't really use it as my german is not good at all and online translators are not any better than me :(

Regards

Oupsy

blueblue

5 Year Member
Steven Simpson Books said:
We are the UK book trade distributor for Sudamerikanische Zwergcichliden/South American Dwarf Cichlids. This new title was published in Germany on 10th October ; stock will be available in the UK very soon when all orders will be filled as a matter of priority.

i see; though i am still a little bit disappointed, i could understand and
i am looking forward to receiving the books from you soon ^.^

Sime

5 Year Member
There is an update to the Aqualog Southamerican Cichlids II book, (2005) "Aqualog Extra The Latest Apistogramma" . Would this be worth having in addition to Sudamerikanische Zwergcichliden/South American Dwarf Cichlids??

Sime

blueblue

5 Year Member
Sime said:
There is an update to the Aqualog Southamerican Cichlids II book, (2005) "Aqualog Extra The Latest Apistogramma" . Would this be worth having in addition to Sudamerikanische Zwergcichliden/South American Dwarf Cichlids??

Sime

I am not sure but i have ordered it as well.... hope it is a good reference ^.^

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have the Aqualog Extra. It has some nice photos, but contains no species that the new DATA special publication doesn't already have. I already have made 28 corrections in my copy of Aqualog Extra. Of course, it is only half the price of the DATZ book, but it has only about ¼ of the apisto species/forms shown in the DATZ book. To be comparable to the DATZ publication, you will also need Aqualog's Southamerican Ciclids II & its supplements. The Aqualog Extra is, after all, just a 'super-size supplement' for SACII (which does not show any Laetacara species; they are in SACI).

If you want additional photos of apistos (as I do) then it is well worth the $15, but otherwise you will do better with the DATZ publication.

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
Anyone else who ordered the book "Sudamerikanische Zwergcichliden/South American Dwarf Cichlids" from the german site. I did in late september and haven't received the book yet. Was it not published until October 10th, in Germany aswell? I want the book asap, getting sick and tired of waiting.

Blueblue I will tell u what Apistogramma price range is in Sweden. The usual ones starts at 8$ up to 15$ each. The priciest I have seen was A. Elizabethae wildcaught red variant at 100$ for a pair. More rare species (in Sweden atleast) is normally around 50-60$ for pair.

Tom C

5 Year Member
Chris.
I ordered the book from the german site, and the book arrived here three days ago.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Chris(wildcaught!) said:
Blueblue I will tell u what Apistogramma price range is in Sweden. The usual ones starts at 8$ up to 15$ each. The priciest I have seen was A. Elizabethae wildcaught red variant at 100$ for a pair. More rare species (in Sweden atleast) is normally around 50-60$ for pair.
Thanks Chris for the info. Are you talking about retail or wholesale price?
The price is so attractive... ^.^

P.S.: A. Elizabethae wildcaught red variant at 100$ for a pair.
here in HK, the price was about that (a little bit higher) in 2003, 2004,
but it rises up a lot since then... ~.~" ...

mummymonkey

5 Year Member
blueblue said:
Hello mummymonkey: Have you got the book yet?
I placed order last week and received an email from the bookstore
yesterday saying that the book is a new publication and it takes a longer time
for me to get it... i am quite unhappy with it as i have selected a more expensive delivery mode so as to get the books quickly but they now say it takes me weeks to get it... then it makes no difference between the cheaper and slower delivery mode and the more expensive mode... ~.~
The book arrived today. Looks excellent at first glance.

blueblue

5 Year Member
i have just received the book; i like the photos and the
concise descriptions. My quick feeling is that, it is a real
good book, and thanks Mike and many friends in the forum
for the recommendations.
Will have more sharings after reading it ^.^

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I just received 25 copies of the new DATZ dwarf cichlid special publication! For those interested in getting this book, I will be able to sell them for US$31.00. This includes mailing in the USA at book rate. For those in the USA who want it air mail etc. - or those outside of the USA - I will have to add the extra cost of special mailing. I will sell 24 copies (1 is mine!). PM me if you want 1 reserved. I will sell them to the first 24 people who PM me here (I already have 2 reserved: tjudy & apisto_shores). If there is enough demand, I will order more. Since this is just me, & not a business, I have no way to accept credit cards. I can only accept cash, checks, or money orders.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hey Mike... clear some of your PM's!!!!

I want the book if you have them still Mike. Please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….