• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New arrivals - rare apistos available 2-21-13

Discus Origins

Hi All,

I just received a very special shipment from Brazil of some rare apistos. Pictures will be posted once the fish are more acclimated but here are what is available, all are wild caught:

Apistogramma mendezi 'Santa Isabel' - $120/pair
Apistogramma paucisquamis 'Santa Isabel' (males have yellow body and blue heads) - $100/pair
Apistogramma mamore - $70/pair
Apistogramma uaupesi - $50/pair
Apistogramma agassizi Tefe - $40/pair
Apistogramma staecki 'Rio Negro' 1" - $20 each
Apistogramma elizabethae - 2 males available, $40 each
Nannacara adoketa 1.5" - $50 each
Teleocichla monogramma - $20 each

Please contact me at [email protected] with any inquiries or questions. Thank you

Mark

Cavedweller

That sounds cool, sadly I don't have a tank up and running at the moment, and I live in MN, I don't know exactly where your at in the us. If you'd like I'll PM you my email address so we can keep in contact I'll probably be ready for fish in June or July.

Discus Origins

Hi, we are in FL and ship fish every week...we carry a large variety of SA fish besides apistos :)

Your timeline unfortunately does not coincide well with wild collecting season...when you're tank is ready in June that will be during rainy season and few fish are caught in the Amazon region at that time. Dry season starts in August and we will have to see what is available at that time. Keep my email handy and send an inquiry when you are ready.

Cavedweller

Pm replied :)
Thanks will keep you in my thoughts. From the tap My PH is 7.0 my KH is 6.0 my GH is 5.5. I'm planing on stocking a 20 gallon tank with 3 Apistogramma dwarf cichlids, one male two females. I was recommended, A. Cacatuides. Do you carry sunburst, triple red or any other aquarium strains or do you just do wild?

Cavedweller

I normally just import wilds directly from Brazil, Colombia, or Peru.
Thanks, , but my water from the tap just isn't suitable to keep these fish then, I was told Captive bred A cacatuides. Such as sunburst or triple red. I do know of a shop in my area that sells RO water but its far and unrealistic to use as a primary sourse.

Discus Origins

Do you still have Agassizis? How much is shipping to North Carolina? That's a great list you have.

I still have the agassizis, and they are one of the few I have extra females. I can sell trios, quads 1M/3F or just females right now. Fedex priority overnight is around $65 and I can fit up to 8 fish in the same box. I don't like USPS express as much but its cheaper at $42.

Discus Origins

Sorry about the delay on pictures.....I had very high interest in these and have sold most of the stock before being able to post pictures.

mendezi
1362678999_zps9a7c95db.jpg

paucisquamis
1361763934_zpsda325700.jpg

agassizi
1362679019_zps291eb53a.jpg

mamore
1362679001_zps3f2312dc.jpg

uaupesi
1362679215_zpsab97e516.jpg

adoketa
1362679021_zpsf7487820.jpg

biotodoma cupido 'araguaia'
1362679112_zps7c0f84b7.jpg

dicrossus maculatus
1361763858_zps37983fab.jpg

teleocichla monogramma
1360116095_zps69e0529f.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….