• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannacara anomala

anewbie

I really like this species; far more than most apisto i've kept. However, my male was not accepting of other males.

Chandz

What is that pellet? Does your apistos eat it as well?
All my fish (except my Paros and Dario dario) aren't fussy and will eat anything you feed them haha

Their main dry food part of their diet consists of food a friend imports from Germany, but I occasionally feed some other easy to find brands so when I sell them the new owner doesn't battle to feed them. I think that's probably Tetra prima mini.

anewbie

I’ve found that sibling males raised together usually get on very well, even when breeding.
Not sure with nannacraa but my siblings angels became brutal with each other around the 2 year mark; so it took a while but once harmony left it - it left in a big way.

Chandz

Not sure with nannacraa but my siblings angels became brutal with each other around the 2 year mark; so it took a while but once harmony left it - it left in a big way.
Haha I found that my Apisto fry come out fighting, I've literally seen fry bickering. Once they reach about 3cm and start breeding it becomes chaotic in the growouts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….