• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannacara Anomala Help

Seanor

I am planning on having a 75 gallon.
I am planning on having 5 Nannacara Anomala with a male to female ratio of 2/3 or is that a no? This is most likely pushing it but could I have any apistogrammas? I have been thinking of Baenschi but with the nannacaras, it's most likely a no.

I planning on having some Amazon frogbit and Anubis with lots of driftwood.
Other fish are going to be otocinclus and dwarf plecos(unsure what kinds yet)
Many pencil fish and about 10 hatchets(marbled).

Seanor

You might want safety goggles for your plecos. Momma Nannacara guarding eggs or fry go straight for the eyes of any catfish that comes too close.

I'd like to play safe so I will take the options of plecos out. Well otocinclus fair well?

Seanor

Okay so I've thought this out, when I have another tank I'll set it up for the nannacaras and for the 75 I'm planning on I'm going to just not have any nannacaras. I may just go with Apistogramma Baenschi

wreidfishguy

Nanaacara are one of my favorite dwarf cichlids I have kept them for years.they are great parents the mothers are very good at providing protection for there fry when not breeding make great community fish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….