• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my apisto borelli laid eggs...

C

chubaka

My apisto just laid a bunch of eggs on a rock yesterday. I was wondering if they are territorial or not because whenever the male comes close to the eggs, the female chases him away. also, i have an AC Mini filter, will the fry get sucked up by it? If they will, is there anything i can do to prevent that from happening?

newworldan06

5 Year Member
Before the fry hatch the female will be terriotorial in your tank, but unlike most appistogrammas the female should let the male help raise the fry at an early stage. I have heard stories have there being 2 families in a tank and one family will adopt the other's abandon fry. It should be cool to watch, I cant wait until mine do. And they probably will, but you can just but a prefilter sponge and slip it on there and they should be fine

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
An alternative to a prefilter sponge for the filter is to use a section of womens nylons then slip it over the filter intake and secure it with a rubber band.
Trevor

newworldan06

5 Year Member
I have found that the nylon does not work. I get crap all around it, and it sorta clogs. The intake becomes very. I had to wash mine every other day before I got the prefilter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….