• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mossambicus

naggur

5 Year Member
hey there!
I want to know a litle about this fish b4 I take them. a friend of mine is gona give me about 4 fishes and was wondering about what is an minimum tank size I nead for them, the tank I have now is 14gal but I'm gona upgrade it to an next level above mabe 2 levels I'm not sure.

what should the tank be like that is as in tlants, rock ore gravel and most of all how big will they be temp, ph and ect.

Randall

5 Year Member
Oreochromis mossambicus

Hello Naggur,

Oreochromis mossambicus grow to about a foot (30 cm), providing the tank is large enough. Keeping them in smaller aquaria tends to stunt their growth. This species is not especially aggresive, an unspecialized omnivore, highly prolific, and easily hybridized. Water chemistry and temperature are not important, so long as the water is wet and the temperature is not extreme.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….