• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mixed Apisto order needs Identification.

Finatics TF

Hi folks, I purchased a large shipment of what was called Apistogramma Wild-Mix.
I think that I see A. Panduro and hungsloi and cacatuoides, but there is a also a smaller blue Apisto with two lines and a blue and red mix. Anyways, here are a few pictures. Again, I apologize for the iPhone quality. I think I see Pandura, Hongsloi, cacatuoides,?
Thanks, Don

IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG

Finatics TF

None of these photos are anywhere good enough for ID purposes. One might even show a Nannacara species!
Hi Mike, I understand, I will attempt to get someone with some photo skills, as I don't seem to have it..LOL!! to take better pictures, the Nanacara thing is interesting as that also crossed my mind on the small fish with the round face and red and blue fins. I appreciate your looking at them. Don

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
There are many different species there, a real motley crew! I'm pretty sure I see some A. panduro, A. borellii, and N. taenia plus some agassizii/bitaeniata-group form, etc. Good luck sorting out that mess!:)

Finatics TF

Mike,

On the contrary I don’t consider it a mess at all! (it's fun stuff!):)
The other shops in the City where I am located do not offer any Apistogramma.
This “mess” gives me something fun to work with and something different to offer my customers.
I am delighted!:p
Thanks for the possible leads on identification, I will look further into the names including the Nanacara sp.

Thank you again,

Don

gerald

5 Year Member
I'd guess the Nannacara is probably anomala (or something of that complex). N. taenia usually shows several narrow horizontal stripes below the mid-body stripe, which these fish don't have.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Glad to see some wild caught A. borellii! used to be such a common readily available fish. Wish I was closer so I could snag a few from you!

Finatics TF

Thanks, I am really trying to learn enough so I can offer some interesting fish to my customers. The main stores in my area
are the Petco pets mart types, so bread and butter only. thanks again for the assistance! :)

Don,
In your first original pic I see what may be Apisto sp. steel blue and which pic is the nannacara suppose to be in # 2?
B.T.W. nice to see another Washingtonian on here! I'll have to head east and come see your new shop.
See all of us N.W. fish freaks on Wafishbox sometime ,your store just might already have a rating on here?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….