• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi

Micro Rams

Hey guys,

I was hoping that you all would be able to give me some advice on a couple of matters.
1) Would you guys be able to sex these two blue rams for me, I've spent so many hours just staring at them and trying to figure it out, but i figure ill leave it to more capable hands. I think the small one is a girl, she has some blue in her spot (plus she has a really pink belly)and the larger i think is a boy from the size of his dorsal fins and the lack of any real blue in his back spot.

2) Will these two get along in this tank? It's a 37 high, ph is faily high around 7.4-7.6 ( I try to lower the ph with a powder that i add every water change, which is weekly 30%), my water here is pretty hard.This tank is far from ideal for their parameters but the smaller one has been living in it for almost 2 months now and i am in shock.

There are 5 angel fish and an opaline gourami that have grown up together for about 3 months. Everyone gets along fine, no fin nipping or chasing, only the gourami when he's scavenging for food and one of them gets in his way. I did notice that when I added the larger (boy?) ram that he will chase the (girl?) and she will go almost limp (fins will clamp and she will start to float sideways) when he reaches her.

Should i return the bigger ram if things arent working out? Im setting up a planted tank in January and i was hoping these two could pair and enjoy their new home (a guy can dream right? lol) in a tank much closer to their environment. Any help is appreciated guys, thank you!

Girl?
IMG_0061.JPG

The next few are pictures of what i think is the boy.

Blue Ram 1.jpg

Blue Ram 2.jpg
Blue Ram 3.jpg
Blue Ram 4.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….