It is a 170gal system with a lot of bottom space. Deeper than it is high. Pic was taken right after cycle. Tannins are now coming along nicely.... but not as bad as A. paucisquamis (the Chihuahuas of the apisto world). Seriously, it depends on the size of the tank, how it is decorated and if it is a single specimen or possibly a breeding group.
Much too open IMHO....
Honestly listen to Mike, he is "Wise by name and wise by nature".Pic was taken right after cycle.
Yea but they also block the view and that was a year+ so it is 10x worseHi all,
Honestly listen to Mike, he is "Wise by name and wise by nature".
I'll nail my colours to the mast and tell you that "cycled" isn't a very useful concept generally and even less useful for sensitive soft water fish. Read the links in -
<"https://apistogramma.com/forum/threads/setting-up-a-low-tds-aquarium.30322/#post-139818"> it links to research by scientists working on nitrification in aquariums.
Again a disclaimer that I'm not an entirely objective commentator, but have a look through - <"https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-is-the-“duckweed-index”-all-about.73647/">.
Plants have a multitude of benefits for the aquarium, one being that they block line of sight.
Cheers Darrel
Ideal, wanting to see your fish is so overrated.Yea but they also block the view and that was a year+ so it is 10x worse![]()
Thank u for being concerned about the fish. I don't buy first to kill them. Been doing this for forty years now. Know a thing or two about it. All I wanted to know was how the fish would behave in a multi species environment. Trying to create a biotope from the northern tributaries of the rio negro and through my research i have found that there isn't really a lot of plants. Most of what I have observed of these fish, they prefer leaf litter on the bottom or heavily rooted banks.Hi all,
Honestly listen to Mike, he is "Wise by name and wise by nature".
I'll nail my colours to the mast and tell you that "cycled" isn't a very useful concept generally and even less useful for sensitive soft water fish. Read the links in -
<"https://apistogramma.com/forum/threads/setting-up-a-low-tds-aquarium.30322/#post-139818"> it links to research by scientists working on nitrification in aquariums.
Again a disclaimer that I'm not an entirely objective commentator, but have a look through - <"https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-is-the-“duckweed-index”-all-about.73647/">.
Plants have a multitude of benefits for the aquarium, one being that they block line of sight.
Cheers Darrel