• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

loosing new posts...

JasonC

5 Year Member
Don't know if this is a forum bug, or something on my side, but if I let the site idle in my browser after about 10 minutes or so, all new posts get flagged as read. It doesnt seem to happen when I am actively reading the forum... only if I let it idle. This doesn't happen to any other vBulletin forums I am on. I am using Firefox 10.0. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
That's very strange Jason. Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll look into it and see why that is happening.
In the meantime, if any others are experiencing this, please chime in. As with all bugs, duplicating the problem is essential in finding a solution...

ste12000

5 Year Member
Ive been on and off all day today and logged in perminantly, when checking the 'whats new' tab at the top it reports that there are no new posts despite there being several new posts that i have since replied to.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Ok I changed a database setting that should have fixed this. The database is now tracking read threads. It used to be tracked by cookie...
Please post here if the problem continues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….