• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking to buy A. Cacatuoide

RHS788

5 Year Member
I am looking to buy a couple pairs of A. Cacatuoide orange flash near St. Louis, MO. Obviously want good breeder stock.

Thanks for any ideas.

Randy

RHS788

5 Year Member
Bummer. I have been out-of-town and just made it in town before the meeting last night.

Thanks for the offer, but I didn't have a chance to respond. I am surprised the orange blaze is so hard to find.

Thanks for the presentation last night. I agree with your and Mike's idea of generating more "breeders" to expand the hobby and the populations.

One thing for you guys to keep in mind is your knowledge is at the Phd level, and many of us are in the first grade. My suggestion is that if you want to increase the number of people breeding fish, we have to start with better knowledge and simplistic approaches. Not everyone will keep 10 kinds of live food going,...etc.

For example I started with Apistos and have barely figured out the orange blaze/triple red caca's etc. I am raising a few white cory's but still lose most after they are "hatched". I know the answers..water changes, water from other tanks, flow, etc. but success is another matter. Knowledge is power, and folks like me have a long way to go, and I have been trying to acquire more knowledge for years. My next challenge is raising Panda Corys, and I bet it will take two years. Mike has been a great asset through his information-sharing, willingness to go out of his way to help, and most of all - his kindness. I have never seen him be snobby to anyone.

I would have sent this as a private message but couldn't figure that one out either! I clicked on private messages, but...oh well.

Thanks again for your presentation. You are a brave soul to venture into the jungles of a foreign land.

Randy

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….