• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any suggestions for selling young Apistogramma Cacatuoides in the US? Looking to wholesale.

ApistoMamma

I've tapped my local live fish stores and am looking to wholesale Apistogramma Cacatuoides; Triple Mega Red and Orange Flash Fry. Any suggestions are appreciated.

MacZ

I have no contacts for you, but a comment:
For wholesale you most often have to be able to provide hundreds of fish in sale size. So 200-400 per batch at 4cm. Otherwise look for selling to local retailers.

ApistoMamma

I have no contacts for you, but a comment:
For wholesale you most often have to be able to provide hundreds of fish in sale size. So 200-400 per batch at 4cm. Otherwise look for selling to local retailers.
I have aound 300. Thx

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Wholesale? Unlikely. Wholesalers who buy from mom & pop operations are becoming rarer each day. I think your best option is someplace like Aquabid, etc. Then expect to go through the hassles of shipping, complaints, replacements and refunds. Not a good option, for me at least.

MacZ

I agree. Maybe with some rarities chances are higher that a wholesaler or retailer is interested, provided they know what kind of treasure you offer. But with domestic A. cacatuoides only a regular flow of high numbers is your ticket into business. A vet certifying your stock is disease- and parasite-free is also helpful. But even then... maybe 30-50ct per fish. Often you also get offers for prizes per batch.

Guppysnail

look for clubs in your area. If you are in the US things like Aquashella near and Keystone Clash. Find vendors who participate. Many of those vendors travel to many event setting up stands to sell fish.
I stopped selling retail due to hassle. I now sell wholesale to several vendors who travel to many events. It’s so much easier. Don’t expect high prices. I work with my retail partners. Often they pick up but if an event is close to me I will bag for sake and drop off what is of age for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….