• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Labeled as A. agassizi, not agassizi!!

Eddiekay1010

Another question, you all helped out great with the "Rio Tauhpo", can't wait till they grow out a bit more and I'll send more pictures when those are showing better colors and a bit older. Was at the same cichlid convention where I picked up the Rio Tauhpo, I also picked up a pair of wild, A. agassizi "Peru". I'm still new to the Apistogramma world, but I'm positive these are not agassizi, I'm even thinking the pair isn't the same species! The pictures show the female with a broken lateral band, but I have seen her with a solid band at times, but broken most of the time. The male to me looks like A. cacatuoides. Very frustrating that the dealers don't know, or don't care what they sell. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 149

MacZ

The (obvious) male looks like a wild-type A. cacatuoides indeed.

The female looks almost identical to the A. ortegai I had for a while last year. My best guess is that fish is from the A. regani species group. Wouldn't bet on it, though. Only sure thing: Not A. cacatuoides.

Eddiekay1010

The (obvious) male looks like a wild-type A. cacatuoides indeed.

The female looks almost identical to the A. ortegai I had for a while last year. My best guess is that fish is from the A. regani species group. Wouldn't bet on it, though. Only sure thing: Not A. cacatuoides.
Thanks so much for the info

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrothgar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….