• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Krobia xinguensis

sasikan

hi does anyone have any info on Krobia xinguensis there is not much on the web thanks for any advice (PS i know they are not dwarf but this is the only fish advice site that i am subscribed to)

sasikan

This species was first reported by Dr. Rosemary Lowe-McConnell (1991) from the upper Xingu. Not much (nothing?) was reported scientifically until Kullander described it in 2012. In hobby literature there was only a cursory discussion (Stawikowski & Werner, 1998). I suggest you look at: http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php?5711-Cool-new-fish-Krobia-xinguensis. It gives some breeding information.
thanks beautiful fish but not much info on them ( the info you gave me comes from the person i bought them from!