• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ivanacara eggs help

martink

I finally got my EC down to 16 in my ivanacara tank and this brood of eggs looks like it is doing ok. The eggs are about 50/50 white to orange after 3 days whilst before they would all have fungused overnight. My question is do i remove the white eggs as the female is just leaving them. I dont want to disturb her and this is the longest the eggs have ever remained that orange colour. thanks.

MacZ

You're not in a hurry, so leave them. The female has to learn to pick out the white ones or try again until they don't go bad anymore. This may take an attempt or two. As long as there are viable ones left, alle is well.

martink

You're not in a hurry, so leave them. The female has to learn to pick out the white ones or try again until they don't go bad anymore. This may take an attempt or two. As long as there are viable ones left, alle is well.
thanks

martink

think she ate them all but usually she would be hiding and shes hanging around one spot so im not sure. wish Id cleaned the glass before.

martink

well i think she got there. she moved them onto the little sack of peat but there are a few wriggling but not many maybe 5. I feel so good for her shes been trying for over a year, tirelessy once a fortnight then getting chased all because i couldnt seem to get the EC low enough. to see one wriggling must be a great relief and the chasing will stop if she gets even a few. tough little fish.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamigLag

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(