• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Infusoria

Brown Water

Ok, after a few failed attempts and walking into my bedroom tonight only to discover it smelt like a septic tank... I can't get it to grow! I have tried lettuce in and out of aquarium water, tired boiling it, freezing it, just throwing it in water. With and without lids, and I have yet to get anything. I was also hoping to keep it alive in a 10 gallon aquarium. Is that even possible? Yes I know it's not possible right now because I don't even have a culture going rofl. Any help/wig to cover all the hair I have been pulling out over the las couple weeks, would be appreciated!

Konigwolf

5 Year Member
Chuck a lettuce (or similar) leaf in a jar of water, put it on a window sill that get lots of sun. Few days later green water (infusoria), Never failed me yet.

Brown Water

Huh. Though green water was alge and infusoria was a little bit bigger, and different. Need something to feed ram fry.

What about keeping a colony going long term in like a 2.5-10 gallon aquarium? Any suggestions?

As a post thought or comment or whatever, I have never seen fry so small. First time I have had free swimming ram fry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….