• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm Addicted!

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Hey all,

I am official addicted to dwarfs! I got some more apistos a couple days ago! They are the A. Panduros, and they are awesome! They seem to chase the cacatuoides.. And my big male Panduro is really aggressive for some reason! Even against the female!

Is that okay?

Anyway, I will try to get some pictures up later, but please comment :)

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the habit...and there is no 12 step program that I am aware of!

The panduro tend to be a more aggressive species. They are one of my favorites. You may need to add some more caves, flowerpots and or driftwood to give everyone a place to hide out.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Welcome to the habit...and there is no 12 step program that I am aware of!

The panduro tend to be a more aggressive species. They are one of my favorites. You may need to add some more caves, flowerpots and or driftwood to give everyone a place to hide out.

Thanks thanks! It may be an expensive hobby as a full time nursing student but oh well!:biggrin:

Yea I have longs of stuff in this tank.. Java fern, crypts and a sword. And I also have 3 little rock caves and two big coconut caves. So they have plenty of caves its just one of my panduros takes EVERY single cave.. that and I thought I got 3 females and a male but its the other way around, so one A World of Fish gets more in I am trading in for more females.. Otherwise, I think the set up is decent.
I may get my other 10 or 20 gallon from home to put the Cacatuoides in and this gorgeous pair of Kribenisis there.. I have seriously never seen such a beautiful female.. I have seen them with purple prego bellies and all but not the bottom fins being Neon blue!! Anyway enough of me being obsessed! haha Thanks for the Reply once again!

~ Phil

Gillie

5 Year Member
one of my panduros takes EVERY single cave.. that and I thought I got 3 females and a male but its the other way around, so one A World of Fish gets more in I am trading in for more females..

Panduro do best in pairs so you will want to trade the extra males for something else.

Gillie

5 Year Member
Is this always true?

And are A. baenschi considered nijsseni types? I notice they have the same marking on the caudal fin.

TIA

Yes baenschi are in the group and yes it is true unless you are extremely lucky and get a trio to work. 9 times out of 10 any extra males or females become targets for the bonded pair and usually don't survive long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….