• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ideal conditions for apistogramma panduro

M0oN

5 Year Member
I'm going to be keeping about 2 males and 6 females in a heavily planted tank pretty soon here, I'm wondering what ideal conditions are for them.

I've got an RO unit as well as co2 injection, so the possibilites as far as pH and gH go are close to limitless, somone please let me know what their water in the wild is close to?

Thanks,
Jason

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
How big is the tank going to be? I had trouble keeping panduro in a group. They get pretty nasty with each other. I had no luck getting them to spawn successfully until I separated a pair from teh group. The pair settled down and spawned more frequently and with larger clutches.

As far as conditions go... soft acid... <50 ppm TDS, 0-1 KH, pH 5.5-6.0

That is what I was using.

Randall

5 Year Member
Apistogramma panduro

Dear Jason,

My experience has been exactly like Ted's. Social problems galore and very soft, acidic water is a must.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

M0oN

5 Year Member
well I'll be starting off with 2 males and 6 females, all wild's at sub adult sizes and remove the fish as necessary, I'm hoping on a harem of 3 females and one male, but just trying to ensure that I get healthy specimins.

Tank size will be 29 gallons, heavily planted and I mean very heavily planted, lots of driftwood, caves, flower pots etc. for territory's. Praecox rainbow, gold rosey barbs, cory cats and one skunk botia as target fish.

I'll post my results in a few months after I completely establish the tank, or maybe keep a journal of my experiences.

I read that the male will act as sort of a parent towards all the females aggression and keep them seperated from eachother if they're all in spawning coloration?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….