• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID needed

Borelliiguy

I'm thinking it's a borellii colour morph but in truth have no idea what it is

Qpc3WwU.jpg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I don't think it is an A. borellii. I'm poor at this so you'll need to wait for some-one who can give you a definitive ID., but it looks more like Apistogramma eunotus or A. "Pebas" type fish.

When Mike comes on he will tell you that colour isn't very important for ID in Apistogramma, it depends upon the position and size of the markings

cheers Darrel

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
I agree with you Darrel. Though the fish doesn't clearly show it's caudal spot, based on the spots in the caudal fin, it's probably A. cf. ortegai (Pebas) (formerly known as A. sp. Pebas). Do you have pictures of the female too? It should be easier to see the dark markings on her.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Colour isn't very important for ID in Apistogramma, it depends upon the position and size of the markings.:p I tend to agree with Darrel and Frank, it is a eunotus-complex species, probably in the ortegai(formerly Pebas)-subcomplex and probably A. cf. ortegai (Pebas). A photo of the female will make this ID more certain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….