• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Id needed please

The-Influence

Ok so I got a trio of what I ordered as " Cacatuoides " but these guys look nothing like the male I already have . So I'm hoping the pro's can help me out . These pictures are taken with my IPhone so there not the best and yes they are guarding fry .

37793ed5.jpg

bef59692.jpg

0f2564d3.jpg

Thanks in advance

Blake

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
You're right; they aren't A. cacatuoides. I'm afraid that you have a 'merry mix' of species. The first photo shows a female of a regani-lineage (either regani- or macmasteri-group) species. My guess is that it is a female A. macmasteri. The other 2 photos show beautiful males of A. borellii.

The-Influence

Thanks guys ! I knew it was not a Cacatuoide as this is my male

019446f0.jpg

This pic don't do justice as it's a few months old and blurry

I just want to id them so who ever I sell them to don't get blindsided

Blake

blueblue

5 Year Member
Dear Mike, my first impression for the 2nd fish is also a male borellii but a closer look tells me a different story. Is it A. Eunotus?

You're right; they aren't A. cacatuoides. I'm afraid that you have a 'merry mix' of species. The first photo shows a female of a regani-lineage (either regani- or macmasteri-group) species. My guess is that it is a female A. macmasteri. The other 2 photos show beautiful males of A. borellii.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Dear Mike, my first impression for the 2nd fish is also a male borellii but a closer look tells me a different story. Is it A. Eunotus?

Haha, now I can also disagree with Mike once. ;-)
I agree with Blueblue, this is not A. borellii, but A. eunotus.

best regards,
Rolo

Lolojil

5 Year Member
I agree with Rolo and Blueblue, the 2nd fish is A. cf. eunotus "Orange Tail" and the first is a female of the same specie.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It's and international conspiracy against a 'poor old American'!:biggrin: Well, I've been wrong before! I could be wrong here, too. Better photos of the male in fright/submissive pattern would definitely help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….