• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID Hemichromis please

Boupette

5 Year Member
Hello there! I would need those Hemichromis to be identified please. Thanks!

Hélène
dsc_0012.jpg

dsc_0013.jpg

viejo

5 Year Member
Well, hemichromis can often be a pain to pin down as to species but these are almost positive to be h. guttatus, as are most jewel cichlids in the hobby. Where did you get them? They show a close kinship to the strain of guttatus that I have maintained ( off & on ;) ) since 1970. Do you happen to have a shot of a pair in breeding dress? The females seem to show a little more sexual dimorphism than is normally the case for aquarium strain guttatus.
BTW: angelfish are not the best tankmates in the world for hemichromis who tend to be a tad 'fin-nippy'.

viejo

5 Year Member
It's quite obvious that the angels are in a separate tank if you actually take the time to look :p. Merely a case of my being in a hurry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….