• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID apistos photographed in Venezuela

Raviolka

5 Year Member
Hi,

can you please help me to identify these apistos? I will have more photos in the future; for now there are few fish from Venezuela, Amazonas state, near Puerto Ayacucho:

Male
api1.jpg

Female
api2.jpg

Pair from another locality, but probably the same species...?
22.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The photos are not good enough to identify the species. All I can say is that they are a species that belongs to the hongsloi-complex of the macmasteri-group.

Raviolka

5 Year Member
Hi Mike, thanks a lot, this is already a good info for me. Dwarf cichlids are not my cup of tea... no offense, they are beautiful :)
I am sorry for the photo quality, but there was VERY low light.

...I will post later some better pics of fish that were caught and photographed in a tank, hopefully you would be willing to help me again. Thank you!!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PGH Jeremy

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(