• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID apisto Inka 50??

sumluvu1314

5 Year Member
I bought this fish under the name Apisto Inka50 wild Peru. However, it doesn't look like those i saw in the pictures.

What do you guys think??

Attachments

• DSC06700.JPG
    DSC06700.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC06701.JPG
    DSC06701.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 381

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Inka50 = Apistogramma baenschi

Males will have a red band around the outer edge of the caudal fin and extensions olong the front half of the dorsal fin, females don't show these features but have very distinctive dark markings on the rear half of the body (vertical bars).

Based on that, your fish isn't A. baenschi, very difficult to tell from those images but I am reminded of A. norberti???

Andrew

HaakonH

5 Year Member
Is it the same fish in both pictures? The first pic is very difficult to determine because it's too out of focus. The 2nd pic shows a fish which could be A.norberti I think. We could still use some better pics to be sure though ;)

Haakon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….