• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID: A. bitaeniata?

blueblue

5 Year Member
This fish is a wild fish imported from Peru. It is traded as A. bitaeniata,
while it looks like an aggie to me... so, may you please
comment on whether it is an A. bitaeniata?? Thanks
agg_yau2_726.jpg

Tea

5 Year Member
Id??

Hello, your fish looks to be a female aggie from the shape of its body and black line running down the middle of the caudel fin. Hope this helps

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with Tea, it looks like a female A. agassizii. This isn't that surprising since A. agassizii are usually mixed with A. bitaeniata in imports.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks Tea and Mike. I myself also think it is a female agassizii,
and i have made a terrible mistake in buying it... ~_~

inexorable

5 Year Member
bitaeniata

I have one female bitaeniata I got from Absolutely Fish (NJ) three weeks ago. I will trade it for your female aggie if you like.

blueblue

5 Year Member
inexorable said:
I have one female bitaeniata I got from Absolutely Fish (NJ) three weeks ago. I will trade it for your female aggie if you like.
Thanks inexorable a lot for your kind offer.
Since i am in Hong Kong, i'm afraid it's difficult for us to trade fish.

blueblue

5 Year Member
mematrix said:
:biggrin:
No prob. Glad to help hey are you on the petfrd.com forum I frequent it myself. Sincerely Curtis Same name as here for me :biggrin:
Thanks again Curtis. I usually surf around in the local forum in Hong Kong, and Apistogramma.com is the only english forum i have registered by now... ^.^

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….