• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I Have another ID again

mematrix

5 Year Member
Hi All I have 4 apistos same spiecies but have no idea as to what they are Both the male and female exibit the same markings even while in breeding mode they are yellowish overall the longitudinal line is broken up into 9 irregular blotches from eye ti tail varrying from solid to broken to An irregular triangle tail spot the anal fin show faint spots like egg spots. at the base of the dorsal is 6 irregular blotches/spots firts 2-3 dorsal rays are black not elonggated like panduro dorsal. a dark spot at base of pectral fins and the fentrals are forward edge is black rest is yellow. Here are some pics Hope this discription helps

Curtis
ApistoUnk1.jpg

apistoUnk2.jpg

047a1d93.jpg

ee031b44.jpg

KenL

5 Year Member
Agreed. Here are pics of ones I had.

pnarino1.jpg

pnarino2.jpg

The broken (mis-aligned) cheek stripe seems a feature on these.
There is also a black spot at the base of the pectoral fin, clearly visible on females.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Reto Posts

:biggrin: Alright Finaly some pics that look like mine I have had thease guys 2 batches of them the first got dropsy and went belly up they were breeding well what kept me so confused was that both male and female looked the same when breeding I never saw the supposed blue lips on anyh of mine as described in romers book and my males never looked like the ones in romers book thanks guys.

Curtis

Greg PL

5 Year Member
on topic: the differences between male and female are not so sharp in sp. rotpunkt (comparing to cacatuoides or agassizi), but I suspect you should see them while breeding.
take a look at this link. somewhere in the middle of the page there's a pair of sp. rotpunkt on the photo.
http://www.apisto.pl/fa/viewtopic.php?t=1723&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

off topic: maybe it's just me with English as my second language, but I think using comas and dots makes the information much clearer ;)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with Greg. This is an international site. Many of our member use English as a second language & are not as conversent in colloquial English. Proper grammar & less use of unfamiliar abbreviations will go a long way in getting you ideas across to them. I have similar problems with German sites at times.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to posts

:) Hi All. Sorry about my poor grammer and punctuation skills. I will try to do better. Grammer and Punctuation wer not my long suit in school. I was a Science and biology nerd. LOL All through scool I was the student who set up and kept the aquariums and terriums in the science and biology classes. I didn't pay real close attention during the boring classes.LOL

Sincerely Curtis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….