• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to ween borelli off brine shrimp

newworldan06

5 Year Member
I have trying to feed my borelli flake for 3 days now and they would always spit it back out. I tried some frozen brine shrimp today and they all just chowed down. How can I ween them of so that I can feed them brine every 3rd day or so.

thanks

farm41

5 Year Member
Just start feeding with the regime that you want to use, they will eat or starve.

Nothing wrong with feeding bbs to adults, I feed bbs to all my fish.

newworldan06

5 Year Member
Should i keep putting the flakes in everyday? Becuase they could raise the nitrates if none of my fish eat it.

After they get used to the flake can i feed them brine like every 3rd day? and they wont recognize that taste and wait for the next feeding of brine.

thanks

farm41

5 Year Member
I would feed the flake every day until they begin eating it, and syphon the uneaten food off the bottom. After a few days of eating flake, you could give them a small amount of brine shrimp.

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
farm41 said:
Just start feeding with the regime that you want to use, they will eat or starve.

Nothing wrong with feeding bbs to adults, I feed bbs to all my fish.

Ditto!

I do the same... BBS every second day, flakes in between.

Here's a twist, try Brine Shrimp flakes, might work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….