• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi there

saquapets

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums here, just not to aquariums.

My hubby has been building my fish room and I truly want to work with many different types of dwarf apistos. My current apistos are a lonely male, agassizii Double Red.

I do have 7 of the powder blue rams, got them on aqua bid, and they are still growing, no pairs yet. I also have 1 pair of Bolivian rams no fry yet.

But I'm hoping to learn a lot for your all here. I do have a lot to learn before I get started heavily into d. apistos And looking forward to it.

saquapets

sasikan -- I like the bolivian rams very much, maybe even better than the blue rams. I actually now have one pair of the powder blue rams, they have laid claim to a piece of driftwood. They are only about 1.5 inches. I have the 7 in a 55g. I plan to move my pairs into their own tanks when we get my fish room done. I hope soon.

tjudy --- I am in eastern part of Ky. In the hills lol. I have to travel 1-2 hours to get to a nice pet shop. So I just normally order mine. What money I'd use in gas would get them shipped to me lol.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Welcome to Ted's forum. Are those powder blue rams a cross between GR and EBR? I would be interested to see if they throw a mix of everything. I seriously doubt they will breed true.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No, powder blue Rams were developed years before electric blue Rams existed as a strain. I wouldn't be surprised if electric blues originated as 'sports' from a strain of powder blue Rams.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Mike, the powder blue rams that are available on AB is a cross between GR and EBR. They are not the same as the powder blue ram years ago. Only the name is the same.

veyndy

I am a newbie at apistos myself and i am interested in some details found in this post as well since i would want to start my own fish tank of apistos as well though i know i do have a lot to learn and still research on, i hope i get more knowledge and information on this through of course the help of experts here in this forum and updates on this post. I highly appreciate all those that take time to answer questions of newbies as well. keep up the good work guys and hope that you continue to share knowledge to us!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….