• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey fellas

GSRACER

5 Year Member
Whats up guys and dolls. Ok so heres the scoop. I recently got an ex. saltwater 55gal tank with stand for free(Lucky me heh?). Anyways its not a marine tank anymore and i want to get some Apistos. Ive done research for about 8-10 months now but im not sure on how many pairs i can have in a well planted aquaria. The Apistos im lookin at are as follow: borelli, agassizii, and cacatuoides. And the other dwarf i was looking at is Laetacara curviceps. Can these dwarfs be placed together in pairs together or will the agression during mating be too much for the little guys?

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I would try to focus on three species at most in that size tank including the Laetacara. Possible better with just two species. With only one male with each species. Of course make sure to provide lots of caves for the fish to spawn in and for the Laetacara more flat surfaces since they are an open water spawner. Good luck!

farm41

5 Year Member
For your first time with dwarfs, I would suggest the L. curviceps and the A. borellii.

We should know about your water parameters first though.

eicello

5 Year Member
If there are one of these species that you really like you might want to try focusing on them. Two males and six females will allow for pretty cool observations. The males will form groups and you could watch them argue over who gets witch girls.

GSRACER

5 Year Member
I like eicello's idea but ive got another species in mind (sorry im so fickle i just love them all :D ). How about a viejita I or II ? Also do you think a school or shoal of killi's for the top strata would do pretty well with them? Looking at Aphyosemions, Nothobranchius, Rivulus, or Aplocheilus species.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….