• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Arizona!

fairone2

Hello everyone!
My life long passion for tropical fish began when I was about 6 years old when my older brother gave me a beautiful betta for my birthday. Since then I have kept (and later bred!), many types of fish until about 10 years ago when I caught 'cichlid fever!'. This is a 'bug' I wish I'd caught years ago because of all the enjoyment they've given me! I've mainly kept African cichlids (yellow labs, tropheus moorii ikola, acei, etc.), but recently I've wanted to try something new and a bit more challenging. So I set up a 50 gal. dedicated to dwarf ciclids and put in dwarf flags (Laetacara curviceps), and a few other fish that required the same type of water. I have done a lot of research online and now I have set up another 50 gal. to try my hand at keeping apistogrammas. Since the water here is very hard, I now have an RO system in place and so far so good! My first apistos were agassiziis I bought online as a pair and I also have a pair of cacatoides 'orange flash' and some pencilfish on the way. There is a lot of different opinions out there about these fish and I learned from a few different places that these fish are fine as pairs or in a harem if you were interested in breeding them. My main goal right now is just to make sure their basic requirements are being met among other things. I have added driftwood (which I cured myself!), and the water has turned a little 'tea' colored but that's fine so long as it's good for the fish. I kind of like it! These are very fascinating fish to watch and I'm glad I got them. I'm also glad I found this forum as it will be a big help in the future!

Tlindsey

Hello everyone!
My life long passion for tropical fish began when I was about 6 years old when my older brother gave me a beautiful betta for my birthday. Since then I have kept (and later bred!), many types of fish until about 10 years ago when I caught 'cichlid fever!'. This is a 'bug' I wish I'd caught years ago because of all the enjoyment they've given me! I've mainly kept African cichlids (yellow labs, tropheus moorii ikola, acei, etc.), but recently I've wanted to try something new and a bit more challenging. So I set up a 50 gal. dedicated to dwarf ciclids and put in dwarf flags (Laetacara curviceps), and a few other fish that required the same type of water. I have done a lot of research online and now I have set up another 50 gal. to try my hand at keeping apistogrammas. Since the water here is very hard, I now have an RO system in place and so far so good! My first apistos were agassiziis I bought online as a pair and I also have a pair of cacatoides 'orange flash' and some pencilfish on the way. There is a lot of different opinions out there about these fish and I learned from a few different places that these fish are fine as pairs or in a harem if you were interested in breeding them. My main goal right now is just to make sure their basic requirements are being met among other things. I have added driftwood (which I cured myself!), and the water has turned a little 'tea' colored but that's fine so long as it's good for the fish. I kind of like it! These are very fascinating fish to watch and I'm glad I got them. I'm also glad I found this forum as it will be a big help in the future!

Welcome aboard :)
I'm also a newbie to the Apistogramma world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….