• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with female apistogramma?!

gex18

5 Year Member
My local fish suppliuer has a dunce working there who has put all the male and female apistos together in one tiny tank (and is selling them for £5 PER PAIR), while i can tell the difference between males, how do you sex female apistos between species? I think the apistos in the tank are: -

1) Apistogramma Cacatuoides gold/yellow variety
2) Apistogramma bitaenta
3) Apistograma Trifascatium
4) Apistogramma agassizi

If any1 could post pics of the different females or tell me how to differentiate it would be greatly appreciated!

P.s are they compatible with ram cichlids?

fishgeek

the aggies should have a spade shaped tail differnent to the other species

the cc's may have spoting on the tail and , not sure this is 100% , mine have 2 stripes on the belly ventral to the lateral line and not running the whole body length

not sure about the other 2 although my trifasciata did have a blue tinge to her and looked ery similar to a sub dominat male tri

andrew

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….