• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP PLEASE??!!! need info on this fish before it dies?!?

bumblebee odyssey

5 Year Member
i bought a fish that was being severly harrased at the pet store... now i'm starting to read it may (well most probably be ) a "pseudotropheus saulosi" being the males in a dark almost midnight blue with black bands and the females were yellow... the stupid LFS ower said is was a "tangarine" whatever that is??

anyway like i said it was being very badly bullied but 2 other males so i forked out the $15 for it and took it home.... now i am really worried as if its the fish i think it is if left in my begginers hands it will probably end up with bloat... and/or killing other fish in my mixed community tank... should i take it to a more friendly fish store that will take care of it? or can i keep it or what??

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The Ps. is a Lake Malawi fish that need clean water that is hard and alkaline. Your fish list has several fish that the Ps. salousi may pick on... but then again it may now. My salousi were never very aggressive.

I cannot tell you what to do. If you have another tank to set up and match the water conditions, I would go that route. You can always use this as an excuse to get a new tank... always works for me! :lol:

Randall

5 Year Member
A dilemma

Hello Bumblebee,

First things first: Good for you for saving a fish! Perhaps the retailer should pay you the $15.00 for taking it off his hands. :)

I won't even try to tell you what to do either, but I sure like Ted's suggestion. Get another tank :!:

Good luck and all the best,

Randall Kohn

2la

5 Year Member
Agree with all of the above, and as added advice for caring for the fish, I would recommend giving it a one-week course of MelaFix to prevent secondary infections through open lesions or breaks in the slime layer, and help speed up the healing.

bumblebee odyssey

5 Year Member
thank you VERY much guys.....

by the time i got up this morning all my goldfish tails where shredded and the molly was highly stressed, the rainbow cichlids were freaking out darting continously around the tank.... he had to go the poor thing... i only just bought a new tank 3 days ago ....

i took him to a LFS that i knew would take care of him, he's been into fish for 40yrs and loves them, he has good knowledge and knew what diet to keep tangarine on.

I miss the lil shite but at least he's in a better place now and my fish can slow down a lill...... *not running from anything anymore*....

as for the money i got a mystery snail in his place and i dont care... like i said to my partner i dont mind if i dont get anything as long as all the fish end up in a better position..... not they we are well off... but what does money matter when you see a poor animal suffering!!

thanx anyways guys great help and muchly appreciated

Kel :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….