• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Identifing Problem

Damonc

5 Year Member
I had to female Apisto Sunburst die on me from some disease. Their color was very gray, little to no appetite, bulging eyes, labored breathing and they also appeared to have no swim bladder as the sank when the stopped swimming.

Any help as to what this is and how to treat in case the other three left in the tank come down with this?

The other three in the tank appear very healthy with bright yellow coloring.

Thanks in advance,
Damon

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The bulging eyes would indicate a bacterial infection, but the rest of the fish will usually bloat up too. If all the other fish are behaving normally I would start a series of daily water changes for a week and hope for the best. Watch the others carefully, and at the first sign of problems start a treatment of a wide spectrum antibiotic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….