• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help find Apistos in Toronto!!

C

chimera999K

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyones knows where I can get Apistogramma fishes in Toronto or nearby areas.

Thanks a lot!

aspen

5 Year Member
the aquarium services outlets at yonge and steeles, and in mississauga are pretty good places to find fish. there is a store in brampton called aquarium depot where i have seen some nice fish at times. here's a store directory which lists a LOT of the stores around town:

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8240

i find that you need to get a hang of who's out there selling fish, and visit now and again and see what they have. then buy the nice ones that haven't just come in or sat around too long.

rick

G

gully fourmyle

The wholesalers are (or were) the best places in Canada to find Apistos. They come in mixed with shipments of neons and Cardinals. What used to happen was that the dwarfs were sold to "best" customers or those dealers who actually knew what they were looking for. So for the average person, the telephone is the fastest way to find dwarfs in Toronto unless you import them from one of the clubs in the States. That means a trip to the airport and the risk of having to pay for dead fish.

Most tropical fish dealers have no interest in Dwarfs and the ones that do, usually are enthusiasts themselves. The Piranha Shop on Avenue Rd. would be a good place to start if it's still there. If not, you may have to buy on line and import.

JG

5 Year Member
Below Water (Montreal) carries a good line of Apistogramma species. It's either a drive from Toronto and back or a quick flight. Either way, BW has a good reputation for Apistogrammas. I recently bought some Ap. agassizis which came to Halifax and are doing very well.

J 8)

JG

5 Year Member
BigDaddy said:
Was there a minimum spending amount to order from Below Water?

To be honest, I'm not sure because we ordered them via our society. I could find out from one of the folks who headed up the previous two orders.

J8)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….