• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

daneeyre

hi there just thought i'd say hello. i currently have a 3000 liter fish house where i breed over 5 strains of discus,wild corydoras arcuatus/sterbai/agassizii L340 mega clown plecs wild microgeophagus ramirezi and now i have some wild apisto's of the genus macmasteri/cacatuoides/agassizii.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Any tips on the C. arcuatus? I have tried that catfish a a few different occasions without much success. Currently I an raising C. duplicareus and C. weitzmanni.

daneeyre

The C.arcuatus can be a little tricky to get going but when you do they produce quite regularly. mine are wild so i aquired them when they were barely adults at about an inch. They had been kept in the same tank for over a year before they started spawning. i use a watering can head to change the water to replicate rain. this water is 6C degrees below tank temp which is 24 C and is pure ro to lower ph and hardness. after a few weeks of this every other day they spawned. C. wietzmanni is one of my favourite corys but i have never tried to breed them. i am currently searching for C. Adolfoi but cannot find some that are at the quaility that i want. i have high standards when it comes to my breeding stock. my rule is if its not good enough for my fish house its not good enough for anyones tank. good luck with the cories. any tips on my apisto tanks. they are currently in 18x12x12 tanks with sand substrate and a cave for each fish. obviously i have three strains in three tanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….