• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from MN

Cavedweller

I'm new to keeping/breeding Apistograma but have once kept oscar's as pets- totally different ballgame, lol.

For starters I have a 20 gallon tank with plans in mind to set it up mid March to early April. In it I was going to keep a pair to a harmum of Apistograma cacatouides- either sunburst or triple red. with caves and live plants. I have already got a sponge filter, tubing and a pump. plus a glass top, water test kit, net, dechorators and some plant substrate. All I need now is the light, syphon and bucket ( for water changes) then i can set it up and provided no leeks are present I'll have my first Apistogramma tank.

stud

Hey.
I'm also from MN.
I've been raising for awhile but stopped.
Just got back into raising them a month and a few weeks back.
I have everything for my setup but no tanks. Haha.
Still waiting on them to come in.
From you description for your tank setup. It's almost like what I have in mind.
Tan pool sand for gravel, clay pot, and some plants(java moss, java fern, floating frog bit).
Looking for small branchy driftwood but no luck.
All my tanks will be drilled and run all on one large sump.
Total of about 110gallons.

Cavedweller

Hey.
I'm also from MN.
I've been raising for awhile but stopped.
Just got back into raising them a month and a few weeks back.
I have everything for my setup but no tanks. Haha.
Still waiting on them to come in.
From you description for your tank setup. It's almost like what I have in mind.
Tan pool sand for gravel, clay pot, and some plants(java moss, java fern, floating frog bit).
Looking for small branchy driftwood but no luck.
All my tanks will be drilled and run all on one large sump.
Total of about 110gallons.
That sounds nice, I hope all goes well for you, What type/species of Apistogramma do you have in mind, whats your ph?, Mine from the tap is 7.0. Orgionally I was going bigger then the 20 and wanted to keep Manacapuru angels from Steves angels plus, but money was tight so i just set up my 20 gallon instead. I hope to keep and breed A Cacatuides, either sunburst or triple red. but need to find a reputable breeder/supplier. World of fish might be able to supply me but they are kinda far for my staff to drive me. ( i'm disabled and live in a group home but am very smart about animals/fish)

stud

I currently have.
Apisto. Megaptera
Apisto. Cacatuoide wilds
Apisto. Viejita(?)/macmasteri
Apisto. Baenschi
Apisto. Erythrura
Apisto. Trifaciata
Looking to get more.
My have an ro/di into. So my water is fairly soft.
Almond leaves and plants to make the ph low.
I got some of mines from tropiquatics in north st paul.
If you're willing to pay shipping. Aqua clarity is an awesome source for apistogrammas.
Hes in Wisconsin. Over night shipping is pretty cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….