• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Bend Oregon!

Aquatopia

Hello Everybody-
My name is Brian- I haven't been into Dwarfs forever like many of you. I have to admit that they have won me over- I can partly blame Apisto Dave for that for living so close to me and having some of the most amazing fish I've ever seen.

My wife and I have turned our love for all things aquatic into a LFS so I get to keep and raise multitudes of fish. I'm here to share and learn more about some of the most beautiful fish in the world.

I currently keep
Apisto cacatuoids
A. Steindichneri
A. nijssenni
A. macmasteri
A. Borelli
A. Trifasciata
Pelvichromis Kribensis
pelvichromis taeniatus nigerian red
and my favorite- Ivanacara Adoketa
Some of them I have for the store, some are my guilty pleasure
I keep a few dwarf pikes, rams, and the buffalo head cichlid too.
either way, I combine my fun with my work and won't pretend to be an expert on much - even the things I do know more about- Strange things happen every day and what works for you and me is sometimes just what the best could be.

I'm looking forwrad to meeting and sharing with you all,
Kind Regards,
Brian

afra

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. It figures that it is Dave's fault, as it's his fault for me too and I am on the other side of the country.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
chalk another one up for Dave started in planted tanks and saw him browsing on a site I frequented started investigating
20 tanks later I am a Apistoholic welcome to our insanity

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Hello and welcome Brian. Sorry I couldn't get to your registration issue earlier. I am very glad it worked out in the end though!

Aquatopia

Thanks for the warm welcomes- I'm excited about being here and telling my friends about this forum. I've recently been introducing a whole lot of people to Dwarf Cichlids.
Speaking of Dave, I just got The most Amazing Orange flash's from him.. Perhaps the most beautiful fish I've ever seen- well, except for the Adoketa;)

animalmgc

5 Year Member
Adoketas are awesome finally ran across 6 of them this year @ 3/4 of an inch another addiction Dave got me on I ended up w 2 pairs and extra males

Christople

What is the shops name? I live in portland and if I ever make it down to bend for some reason I would love to see those fish. Who is Apisto Dave, is he a good breeder or...

Aquatopia

What is the shops name? I live in portland and if I ever make it down to bend for some reason I would love to see those fish. Who is Apisto Dave, is he a good breeder or...

The shops Name is Aquatopia Tropical Fish. We're on Face book if you ever want to see pictures and for directions. We're not a huge store by any means- we just try to bring some fun and different fish to people in our fun and different little town. Apisto Dave is an awesome breeder who's devoted a large part of his life to apistos (over 20 yrs)and has the accomplishments to show for it. I know he posts on here because we talked about this site. He just posted a link on my facebook page to some of his videos- Mind blowing fish! I prefer to get my fish from him because they are all super healthy and tough.

Aquatopia

Adoketas are awesome finally ran across 6 of them this year @ 3/4 of an inch another addiction Dave got me on I ended up w 2 pairs and extra males

I'm trying to get my Adoketas to breed and fed them some vieja zonatus fry- they adopted them and have been raising the fry for over a week. vieja zonatus will get 30 times their size but I can't stop watching the fem Adoketa care for the babies it's so awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….