• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello from Argentina

eljonche

5 Year Member
Hi buddies, nothing to forgive my English.
My name is Sebastian, I'm from the city of Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina.
I am hobbyist since age 11, after having raised betta splendens for 5 years, I decided to dabble with dwarf cichlids
I am holder of a apistogramma borellii are fish native to the region where I live and want to share with you
my experience with them is very poor so I need your help to keep the best, and also logical to recreate their natural habitat, the specimens that I have made up one male and three females, soon I'll upload pictures of them, of course thank you very much for letting me post on this wonderful forum. regards

gerald

5 Year Member
Hola and welcome amigo! Did you collect them from wild habitat? If they are getting sick within the first few days, then maybe it is because of collecting stress. When I collect wild fish in USA in very soft, low-conductivity water (such as Enneacanthus sunfish) I usually add some salt in the collecting bucket so they are less likely to get bacterial and fungal infections over the next few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….