• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Everyone..

niall_227

Hi, I have a great passion for keeping tropical fish.
It started out 2 years ago when I was 14, I got a small 40L tank, I had many tetras, bottom dwellers and I had a pair of A.cacatoides. They were what I called my show pair of fish. About a year later I upgraded to a 180L tank which I moved my fish. I tried to keep the same community although my cacs spawned twice in there before the male died of old age. In that tank I have since kept and grown on discus and at the moment I have got some geophagus.
Just this year I was thinking of how much I enjoyed keeping my apistogramma and decided to purchase a second tank, this one is 160L and I decided I was going to give breeding apistogramma a go. Which brings me to now; once I had established my new tank and got everything perfect for the apistos I went in and bought 2 males and 4 females. Just 3 days later I watched intriguingly as the female enticed the male into a tiny clay pot that I have. I watched as the female prepared the top of the pot and then turn upside down laying eggs one by one. On the downside to this though is that the male ate the eggs one by one. This was quite disappointing. 1 week later after feeding them live daphnia and bloodworms twice I feel that another female is showing her colours and showing the same behaviours as the previous ready female. This was today, and I decided to look up about the male eating the eggs which is where I found this great website. I would appreciate any type of feedback or advice on the matter.

I would also like to mention that every picture I take of my fish I put in an online photo stream. Im sorry if any of them are blurred, all photos are taken from my phone, just click on one to enlarge it and then it is a little better quality. Take a look!

http://doiop.com/niall.fish

niall_227

I forgot to mention that my recent apistos are agassizii, and also my display picture is my old cacatoides.

joanstone

I, too, just found this site. It seems as if we've followed a similar path fish-wise. I've recently acquired some apistos-Borelli, Hongsloi and agassizii-and am hoping to get some breeding going. I also keep discus, geos and many other types of fish. Seems funny to welcome you to the site since I just got here too, but welcome. I enjoyed your photos as well. Good luck with your fish breeding, keep us updated.

niall_227

ah! What a coincidence! i wish you very good luck also with getting a "breed on" haha, and i warmly welcome you to the site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….