• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello everybody from sorrento(naples)!!!

G.Caso

hi guys my name is giacomo
i love all type of dwarf cichlid esplecially agassizi, bitaetiana and juruensis
now i have 170 L tank where I created a South American biotope , inside that there are a couple of apistogramma (my love) agassizi,The fish reproduce often, every 2 weeks.
eccoli qua

now I'm trying to find in Italy a few other species such as apistogramma juruensis and bitaetiana, but I can only find apistogramma cacatuodeis and I do not like
I know someone indicate where I can find them? online as well?

GIACOMO CASO ;-)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Apisto Forum, Giacomo. I wish you good luck in finding more apisto species. For your information, the true A. juruensis (from Brazil) is almost never imported commercially. The fish listed as "A. juruensis" is usually A. sp. Black-chin/Schwarzkinn from Peru.

henkh

5 Year Member
Hi Giacomo. Welcome here. Nice to have apisto hobbyist out of italy here. In other european countries like holland, germany, france apisto species are available. Maybe you can ask your local fish store to get some out of this countries. Especially Germany has some pro apisto breeders/distributors.

G.Caso

thanks for the welcome friends. Unfortunately, I know that in Germany and Holland are the fish I want, but the problem is shipping. I ordered a number of fish in the netherlands, but because of the postal network I get home already dead, even though I choose the best shipping method. The Italian postal network is a disaster, especially in the south. fortunately I managed to find an enthusiast that plays many species of Apistogramma gave me great joy with a pair of juruensis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….