• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gonna try some big fellas!

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Yep, you heard right! The 90 gallon, is getting torn down (it has that furry black algae all over the place). I'm getting rid of the plants, and the fish. i'm gonna sterilize it, dump a bunch of big rocks in it and get myself some tank busters! haven't kept the big guys since i was a teenager!

Rich

Neil

No, No Rich! Don't do it. Let us help talk you down.
You already are working with T. brichardi. Why don't you try another Westie!? Chromidotilapia, P. humilus, Hemichromis, etc? All of these would be great. Plus we need more competant breeders working with fish like this. Or you could give a try to a few of the Pikes.
All of these guys would benefit from that sized tank.
Neil

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
As much as I would LOVE to work with discus again, once they start breeding the babies infiltrate nearly every tank i have. I'm just not ready for that with the nightly waterchanges right now. I am ready to give up on the T. brichardi, they are doing well, but i just don't know what else to try! Any suggestions folks? I have done the Jewel's before and i always end up with a tankful of fry, that no one seems to want. I have thought about pikes before, but what i'd really like to breed is S. jurapari. now THAT is a commitment since they aren't even sexually mature unlit they're 2 years old! It's gonna take a bit before the tank is ready for new stuff, so I suppose now is the time to think about what I want to do in there.

rich

Jeffery Doty

5 Year Member
Rich,

On the last stock list I got from Jeff Rapps at www.tangledupincichlids.com he had the following, might be something of interest to you. The Altifrons are gorgeous!

Jeff
Oregon

Dicrossus sp. 'Tapajos' 1.25-1.5" 12.50 beautiful and rarely seen race of
highly sought after dwarf cichlid

Geophagus altifrons 2" 6.50 F1 juves. of colorful species with long
streamers on fins
" " 3.5-4" 20.00 adolescent adults from Tocantins - streamers starting
on fins

" iporagensis 1.5-2" 7.50 wild juvenile red-finned Geos. from southern
Brazil
" " 2.5-3" 12.50 nicely sized juveniles showing adult spangling of
green and blue
" " 4-4.5" 20.00 limited number of larger adults in super color!

Orchid

5 Year Member
Have you tried playing some music from Barry White? He certainly has a sexy voice, who knows, your fish may start "doing a little dance, making a little love, and getting down tonight" :lol:.

You never know, and if all else fails, maybe the vibrations from his voice will stimulate the fish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….