• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gold-Red Cacutuoides

R

RedMar

Hi All,

I just got back from That Fish Place in Lancaster, PA. I spotted an Apisto that I've never seen before. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it or has seen it. The fish was labeled Gold-Red Cacutuoides. The fins were exactly like a triple red cacutuoides, but the entire body of this fish was a golden yellow. It was a gorgeous fish. Is this a new color out of Germany?

Thanks,
RedMar

Neil

Red Mar,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

These are very nice cacatuoides that have started showing up here and there. They might be cacatuoides cf. "Pucallpa", which is a new wild yellow variant. Or they might be a tank-raised strain from red cacatuoides that have the yellow aspect bred into them (maybe in Germany - I don't know!). Whichever, they are worth persuing.
They also are sometimes called Dwarf Golden Cacatuoides. One of the members of this forum have them pictured in their site:
http://www.angelfire.com/sys/popup_source.shtml?Category=
My advice is get them! :!: They are new and a darn nice looking apisto. And, as a general rule, cacatuoides are pretty good bets to get fry from.
Good luck, Neil

R

RedMar

Neil,

Could you give me that link again? It's not coming up for me.

Thanks,
RedMar

Neil

RedMar,
Sorry about that. It worked for me when I did it, and now it isn't. :eek:
Just go to the member list (link at the top of the page) and look for Rob and Cathy. Click on their www and you are there. The pic comes up right away. Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….