• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fish compatable with borelli

newworldan06

5 Year Member
What fish can I put in with Borelli? It is a 30 gallon tank. Extremely well planted with lots of driftwood. What type of fish can i put in there? I was thinking of a pair of bolivian rams, but move them when the Borelli are going to spawn. Any other suggestions?

apistoguitarra

5 Year Member
I think rams would work, I personally like the blue or gold color morphs. Many other apistos would work as well. Do you want it to be strictly cichlids or other fish too?

newworldan06

5 Year Member
Probably just cichlids maybe some other colroful school fish that would zoom around my tank. I want to add some color until the Borelli spawn. I dont think the blue color morph would work. By the way that is called a german blue ram not bolivian. The Bolvian i think should work fine but the the german I dont think would work.

Like I said before I am going to take the rams out when I breed my Borelli, but what other kind of fish would work that wouldn't eat fry and add some color? I was thinking maybe some cardinal tetras. Will these eat fry? Any other suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(