• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally Introducing Myself...

madattiver

5 Year Member
Well, I have been lurking on the forum long enough so I thought it's time for me to chime in and introduce myself and get to know some people on here.

I have been a fishkeeper for 10-15 years now and have built up a fishroom of 30-35 tanks.. give or take. (Pictures to follow of the fishroom) I have mainy been keeping and breeding corys for the better part of that time, but feel it may be time to venture into a part of the hobby that I have wanted for some time now... that is Apistos!!!

I recently took the plunge into apistos by purchasing a bag of apisto cruzi from my local aqarium societies auction. They have settled in nicely and are in a ten gallon tank with sand bottom, two coconut caves, a clay pot cave, some javamoss and has a sand bottom. They are coloring up more and more every day as they were young when I bought them (1"-1.5"). As soon as they start to pair up I will remove the extras to another tank, but as of now the 4 of them will just be one happy family in there.

Basically I would like to meet more people in Canada who keep and breed apistos as where I live it is quite hard to find any type of apisto at all in our lfs. I am hoping to expand to a few more apisto tanks come warmer weather when shipping of fish is a more viable option to getting new fish up here.

As promised, here is some pictures of my fishroom...

fishstand45.jpg

fishstand48.jpg

I am glad I found this forum and look forward to learning from everyone on here.

Adam

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning Adam,

Very nice setup indeed. As you can see, this forum reaches the whole world. Enjoy your breeding and keep us informed with updates and pictures.
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….