• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enigmatochromis lucanusi

bassic

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

About two weeks ago, my E. lucanusi spawned! For a little background, I've had these fish since 2010 and they have spawned but I either never saw viable fry or the fry never made it past wriggler stage...plus, I had a nasty water change accident that knocked out about 80% of my fish...major major bummer.

Anyway, I managed to save this pair and as far as I know, this is their first spawning. They were in a 55 gallon with a small group of Congo Tetras. Since the spawning, I removed the tetras so I can increase the chances of the fry surviving. Originally, I counted about ten...as of today, I just counted seven. They're getting much bigger now. If you guys ever get a chance to obtain these fish, they're awesome! They have extremely interesting behavior and it's fun to watch the mom and dad watching over the fry.

This isn't a great photo but I was able to snag one showing the male with some of the fry.

E_lucanusi_fry05252012.jpg

-duc.

Fats

Hi,i agree there excellent fish and one of my favorites. I currently have a breeding pair they are now on there second batch of fry. Hope you don't mind me posting some pics up of mine. First and second picture is of the first spawn and third picture is them now clearly sexable. i would there fist spawning was a very high survival rate and both parents looked after them together. There second spawn they had was roughly about 40 there still with the parents and there is only about 20 now,but this time the parents fell out and kept stealing the fry from each other and stayed at opposite ends of the tank and wont let each other near there fry. There still like it now. Anway good luck with them.

Ian

First Spawn
IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

These are them now
IMG_2659.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….