• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do you talk to your fishes?

Unicorrs

I'm just curious if you also talk to your fishes?
And what do you tell them?

My mom always talk to our fishes
telling them to eat well and be happy, lol.
And our fishes seem to understand her.
But everytime I talk to them, they just ignore me, and I hate it, LOL

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I rarely talk to them... curse at them sometimes. I do talk to my oscars, because they really do seem to comprehend... at least that I am trying to communicate with them.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
It is more like talking at them rather than to them since I dont expect a response.

ApistoNerd23

I don't know about talking *TO* them but I've definitely annoyed my girlfriend to no end by describing in detail what they are doing in the tank. :)

veyndy

It may sound wierd by i actually do talk to my fishes sometimes especially in the morning when i wake up since my tank is in my bedroom. I find it relaxing sometimes especially after a day of hard work though I'm not crazy like that or anything, I don't expect them to understand or respond in any way just venting out something i don't tell my friends, just to let it out. Some people talk to their plants so why not to fishes, they are also living things right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….