• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do apisto eggs stick to pvc?

Taylor's Apistos

hello all, this is my first post, and a very important one to my tank planning. I want to make a spray foam 3d background with pvc pipes for caves, swim-through tunnels, and use pvc to conceal my heater and hob filter intake. My question is, do apisto eggs stick to pvc? Or only to more porous materials such as clay pots. I purchased some clay pots, but the only ones I saw were over 4 inches in diameter, a little large for the 40g tank I want to redesign. Any input, or advice would be much appreciated.

Taylor's Apistos

Awesome. Thank you very much for the reply. I have since found smaller clay pots at the local craft store. Thinking about using those as caves in the background. Maybe also as planters in the foam background.

rr16

5 Year Member
It depends what kind of look you're going for but mine have layed on bogwood, stones, coconut husk, plastic juwel filter casing, amazon sword leaves and oak leaf litter

rr16

5 Year Member
My A. agassizi female has just layed on the underside of the plastic Juwel filter case.
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0117.JPG

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
hello all, this is my first post, and a very important one to my tank planning. I want to make a spray foam 3d background with pvc pipes for caves, swim-through tunnels, and use pvc to conceal my heater and hob filter intake. My question is, do apisto eggs stick to pvc? Or only to more porous materials such as clay pots. I purchased some clay pots, but the only ones I saw were over 4 inches in diameter, a little large for the 40g tank I want to redesign. Any input, or advice would be much appreciated.
I have used pvc for years. I use 1 1/4 inc thinwall in three inch lengths

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….