• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

defeating hydra

myfrostymember

5 Year Member
i have read a few post about beating hydra the three i noticed that sounded the easiest are
1.hydrogen peroxide-(i have plants in the tank and some oto's so im not sure is this route is safe

2. sending a small amount of voltage through the tank (sounds easy but also very odd and questionable
3. sparkling gourami- this would be the easiest i do have a one in my other tank but im not sure if just one could do the job- i have about 10 million hydra and they are getting out of hand- i think i would need about 400 gourami to kill them all

so should i dose the tank with something then put some gourami in there to kill them as they come up from here on out or what?

also i am positive that i feed them to much-- how much bbs should a pair of apisto caca's eat? i feed them a few big drops out of a dropper and they eat for a little bit on them? bbs are very hard to get a good measurement of - so how do you all feed them the correct amount?

thanks matt

fishgeek

just stopping the bbs for a few weeks will get rid of the hydra
they are defintely there because of over feeding

andrew

myfrostymember

5 Year Member
what should i feed them in the meantime?
they dont seem to take to anything that doesnt move--will they just get hungry enuff to eat anything- should i try frozen something or just flake or something else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….