• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crenuchus spilurus..

ste12000

5 Year Member
I brought these in several months ago (November 10th), i brought them in for my own treat as id wanted to work with this fish for many years.. Back in november they looked like this..
DSCF0861.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

Fast forward to 23rd of January they look like this..
DSCF5582.jpg

DSCF5567.jpg

DSCF5549.jpg

DSCF5535.jpg

Im just about ready to start a serious breeding attempt so wish me luck!!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I brought some back with me from Peru in 2008. I still have them, but haven't really tried breeding them. Males' fins are reddish orange and high and wide! Very special fish. What are you planning to use for conditioning?

ste12000

5 Year Member
I brought some back with me from Peru in 2008. I still have them, but haven't really tried breeding them. Males' fins are reddish orange and high and wide! Very special fish. What are you planning to use for conditioning?

They are already pretty well conditioned Mike but mainly copious amounts of whiteworm, a home made mash containing prawn, mussel, white fish plus greens and baby guppies, they love them!!!

Ive made the larger water change tonight, raised the PH from 4.2 upto 5.5 to see if it will trigger them plus swapped the caves around, i was using PVC tubing but it was open both ends, i doupted the fish felt secure enough so swapped them for a couple of slate caves which people use for plecs.. It does not look natural but im hoping for a spawn within the next week or so.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Lovely fish. They breed like Poecilocharax weitzmani I have. My weitzmani males are all holding up in their own pvc pipes while the females just swim around the tank. I guess some characins didnt get the memo that they are not cichlid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….